Our community has been asking us how to take action at this critical moment in history. Below, we are outlining some of the ways in which you can do so. It is our responsibility to do whatever is in our power to put a stop to this genocide.
- Talking points and messaging for Palestinians and allies– Palestine Institute for Public Diplomacy (PIPD)
- 10 things to remember when reporting on Palestine– Palestine Institute for Public Diplomacy (PIPD)
- 5 things you need to know about what’s happening in Israel and Gaza-American Friends Service Committee
General actions you can take:
- Organize and join demonstrations in your cities and on your campuses. The best way to learn about planned protests is to research local Palestine solidarity and anti-militarism groups active in your area and ensure that you are following them on social media.
- Raise awareness on social media. Share posts from the BDS movement, Visualizing Palestine, Makan, and Rabet by PIPD.
- Follow the social media accounts of the following organizations: AJP, JVP, USCPR, IMEU, PYM
- Stop hate and incitement: the rise in hate and incitement against Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims in the West has reached shocking new heights! You can do something to stop this and hold people accountable!
1 – Take a screenshot of the post
2 – Submit to this website: http://www.cjpme.org/accountability
If you are in the U.S., Canada, or Europe:
- Write to your officials to call for an immediate stop to this genocide. See sample letter by the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement
- In the UK, call on your MPs to take urgent action – EAPPI UK & Ireland
- In Ireland, email your elected representatives using this template – EAPPI UK & Ireland
- In Canada, use this form to send an email to Prime Minister Trudeau, your local MP or other federal political leaders – Canadians for Peace and Justice in the Middle East
- In the U.S., use any of the following resources from our partners to call on the U.S. government to put an immediate stop to the genocide:
- Tell Congress: Stop Fueling the Gaza Genocide – Adalah Justice Project
- Tell Congress: Open humanitarian access to Gaza now! American Friends Service Committee
- Call Congress: Stop the Gaza Genocide – US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
- Email Congress: Stop Funding the Gaza Genocide – US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
- Call on Congress to demand an immediate ceasefire in Gaza – Americans for Justice in Palestine Action
- Call Now: Stop Genocide Against Palestinians in Gaza – Jewish Voice for Peace
If your rights are violated:
- Report racism, incitement to violence, hate speech, and censorship to 7amleh at 7or.
- Seek legal support and report violations to Palestine Legal in the US, The Legal Center For Palestine in Canada, and the ELSC in Europe.
Other Toolkits and Resources
- U.S. Campaign for Palestinian Rights-Stop Gaza Genocide Action Toolkit
- Palestinian Youth Movement- All the Walls Will Fall: 2023 Palestine Liberation Resource List
- A Growing Culture- Free Palestine Resource Toolkit
- Palestinian Feminist Collective- All Out for Palestine
- Makan Rights- Gaza a Genocidal Assault
- Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network- Grounding the Current Moment: An Al-Shabaka Syllabus